Teens Need Vaccine, Doctors Say: What You Need To Know On Sunday
Happy Sunday, Buffalo Grove! Here’s everything you need to know in Buffalo Grove today.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Buffalo Grove? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 87 Low: 70.
Here are today’s best stories in Buffalo Grove:
- Hindu deity to be celebrated at Ganesha Festival in Buffalo Grove’s Willow Stream Park (Chicago Daily Herald)
- Power outage: Dump truck knocks down power line on Wheeling Rd near Mercantile Ct in Wheeling (arlingtoncardinal.com)
- Lake County health officials urge adolescent vaccinations as young people account for nearly half of new COVID cases (Chicago Tribune)
- September 11 remembrance: “This is something you will never forget” (Journal & Topics Newspapers Online)
- Johnson invites residents for coffee and log in (press release office)
- Senator Johnson backs green energy plan to save jobs (press release office)
- After a one-year hiatus, Palatine Business and Community Expo returns (Daily Herald)
- Lake County Ownership Transfers July 30 – August 5, 2021 (Chicago Daily Herald)
- When to see the 2021 full harvest moon in Buffalo Grove (Buffalo Grove Patch)
- College Of Lake County: Actors Returning to the Stage for CLC’s 2021-22 Theater Season (Press Release Office)
- NorthShore Gets Clearance to Build New Cardiovascular Institute at Glenbrook Hospital (Chicago Daily Herald)
Today in Buffalo Grove:
Buffalo Grove Patch Notepad
- Enjoy Illinois: “It’s National Cheeseburger Day! What’s your favorite place to grab a burger in Illinois? . . . #EnjoyIllinois #IllinoisEats #FoodieRoadTrip #FoodieTravels #ChicagoEats #ChicagoRestaurants #NationalBurgerDay #ChicagoBurgers #ChicagoHome “(Instagram)
- Lake County, Illinois Government: “On Thursday, we had a small ceremony with Naval Station Great Lakes and the National Museum of the American Sailor to dedicate this 600 pound stainless steel painting which was generously loaned to us by the museum. The artwo …” ( Facebook)
- Schwaben Athletics Club: “The men’s first team wins their second game of the season against Hellenic 3-0. Goals from Nick, Dennis and Joao. Well done guys!” (Facebook)
- Buffalo Grove Park District: “Vandalism continues to increase in parks this year. These photos are from Kilmer Park this weekend. If you see someone destroying playground equipment or vandalizing other park equipment, please call 911 . ” (Facebook)
- Schwaben Athletics Club: “The U8 Boys start their Woodridge tournament with a win. Well done guys! ⚽️” (Facebook)
- Schwaben Athletics Club: “Our U8s before their first match ⚽️ Go Schwaben!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- The 6th Annual Church Creek DOGS Car, Truck & Motorcycle Charity Show (September 19)
- Vintage garage in Evanston – 75 vendors (September 19)
- Fall Fest Des Plaines (September 19)
- International Day of Peace and inauguration of a new public bench with the Bahá’ís of Deerfield (September 21)
- Gorton Center Live: William Florian “Those were the days” (September 21)
- Lived and Learned: An Intimate Conversation with Lesley Stahl (September 23)
- OLW St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor 5K Fun Run and Walk (September 25)
- A zoo in the Sukkah ?! (September 26)
- Book Discussion for Three Mondays (September 27)
- Add your event
You are all taken for today! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Eric DeGrechie
About me: Hello, thanks for viewing my profile. All kidding aside, I’m a field editor for Patch, covering Northbrook, Glenview, Deerfield, Arlington Heights, and Buffalo Grove. I was born and raised in upstate New York in Saratoga Springs. I moved to Chicagoland in 2014 and live there with my wife and son. I have been in the journalism / media industry for 20 years in a variety of roles including editor, editor, editor and sports reporter. You could say hyperlocal news is in my blood, so Patch is a perfect fit for me. I look forward to working with readers and local residents. If you have a tip, idea for a story, or just want to discuss local news, email me at [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Buffalo Grove Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]