Singapore-based cruise ships temporarily reduce capacity and stop sit-down meals – Cruise Industry News
The Singaporean government has ad that the country returns once again to phase 2 of the enhanced alert measures against coronaviruses. The measures will be in effect between July 22 and August 18.
This means reduced capacity and no sit-down meals at restaurants aboard Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas and Dream Cruises’ World Dream.
Singapore adopted similar measures earlier this year.
According to Singapore cruise company, which quotes an email sent by Royal Caribbean International to guests departing on Quantum of the Seas Ocean Getaway voyages between July 23 and August 16, ferry capacity will be reduced to 25%.
Group sizes will be limited to two guests, and guests from the same households can travel in the same cabin, but will need to stick to a maximum of two per group in public areas.
Restaurants and bars will be closed, but the main dining room menu will be available through room service, Royal Caribbean International has announced. Customers will have to dine in their cabins. The capacity for all live entertainment shows will also be limited to 50 guests.
Licensed onboard activities, such as SeaPlex, Activitity Zone and Pool Zone, will continue to operate at reduced capacity, the Singapore Cruise Society wrote.
Customers who pre-purchased meal and beverage packages will be automatically reimbursed.
Additionally, passengers on affected crossings are requested to arrive one hour before the scheduled check-in time to perform a free rapid antigen test at the terminal prior to check-in. This is in addition to the PCR test carried out in the days preceding the day of embarkation.
Passengers on the July 23 trip who do not wish to sail under the new restrictions have the option of a full refund paid within 45 working days, Royal Caribbean International said. Everything that customers would have to do so that the full refund does not show up at the terminal for check-in.
Dream Cruises is execution similar restrictions on its World Dream crossings between July 23 and August 18.
Passenger capacity on board will be further reduced to 25 percent, passenger bookings must be limited to groups of two people per cabin. Same household customers who have booked more than two passengers per cabin may choose to continue the cruise with proof of valid documentation of the individuals’ household details, Dream Cruises said in its statement.
Guests associated with the recent Jurong fishing port, KTV and any other COVID-19 cluster active in Singapore, including close contacts of these individuals, as well as those who have been subject to a stay notice at home, leave or quarantine order, will be banned from cruising, the cruise line said.
The catering service in the restaurants on board will be temporarily suspended during the aforementioned period. For the comfort and convenience of its guests, Dream Cruises said take-out and room service options will be available, with “a wide variety of Asian, International and Halal cuisine.”
A temporary suspension of indoor mask activities in accordance with government guidelines will also be in place. Authorized on-board activities will continue to operate at reduced capacity and with enhanced social distancing measures, Dream Cruises said.
World Dream customers who do not wish to navigate the new conditions can choose to opt for a full cancellation with a full refund or to transfer the cruises to qualifying cruises, Dream Cruises noted.