Davenport is bringing block parties back to the park this summer
The City of Davenport is bringing Party in the Park back for this year. The two-hour events will run from 5:30-7:30 p.m. select Thursdays starting June 9.
Until August 18, Party in the Park attendees can enjoy food, entertainment and activities for the whole family. These events are a great opportunity to meet other residents, learn more about surrounding neighborhoods and engage with local elected officials, according to a Thursday statement. City staff will be on hand to discuss concerns and opportunities facing the community and how residents can get involved in their neighborhood.
The program of park events is as follows:
- June 9 | Herington Park, 935 Brown St.
- June 16 | Jersey Farms Park, 2930 E. 65th Street
- June 30 | Van Buren Park, 205 S. Elmwood Ave.
- July 7 | Marquette Park, 3200 N. Marquette Street
- July 21 | Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St.
- August 11 | Ridgeview Park, 1819 Ridgeview Drive
- August 18 | Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street
Visit http://www.davenportiowa.com/pip to stay up to date throughout the summer.