Chesterfield is celebrating the second year of National Dog Day with a full day of planned activities
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) – For the second year in a row, Chesterfield will celebrate National Dog Day on Friday, August 26, with a variety of countywide activities throughout the day.
County officials will be at six locations throughout the day handing out free treats to dog owners.
Owners can also get free professional photos of their dog with Sparky, the official mascot of Chesterfield Fire and EMS, at Rockwood Parks Ruff House Dog Park in the morning or Harry Daniel Park in the evening. Photo registration is open now.
Other activities for the day include the “Pack Walk” and a drive for pet supplies.
Dog lovers can head to the following locations on August 26 for group activities:
- Parc Goyne, located at 5300 avenue Ecoff, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Midlothian Mines Amphitheater, located at 13301 N. Woolridge Road, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. A “Pack Walk” will take place here.
- Rockwood Park, located at 3401 Courthouse Road, from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Free dog photos will be available here with registration.
- Harry Daniel Park Playground, Shelter 3, located at 6600 Whitepine Road from 5-6:30 p.m. Free dog photos will be available here with registration.
- Clover Hill Dog Park, located at 13900 Hull Street Road, 6-7 p.m.
- Biergarte Fest, located at 7044 Woodlake Commons Loop, 6-7 p.m. Live music will be played and a pet supply drive to benefit Chesterfield Animal Services will also take place.
For more details on National Dog Day in Chesterfield, visit experiencechesterfield.com/woof.